Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Out of my Comfort Zone Challenge

After reading Shawna's post the other day about warm contacts, I really got to thinking about why it is that I allow prime networking opportunities to pass me by. I have no problem putting myself out there when I'm doing "marketing" but in regular day to day interactions, I hesitate to "bring up" UB, heck...sometimes I just don't even THINK to do it. Obviously that is breaking every rule of direct sales or something!

So, tonight I am challenging myself to go out of my comfort zone a bit.

I somehow landed on the invitation list to an InStyle fashion show launch for the new Oscar de la Renta ready-to-wear line at Macy's tonight. I am going to the event and I am making it my goal to work on handing out my card and talking about UB. Correction...I hate saying "work on" in the same sentence as a goal (as in "don't try to do something, actually do it"), so I will put it on record that it is my goal to chat with five people and give them my card.

I invited Shawna to come with me. Yikes...now I'm accountable! LOL

I challenge you, dear reader, to do one thing today that puts you out of your comfort zone...

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Nice! Good luck! You'll be a star!

Some cheerleading for you. :)



Since I don't have a blog yet, I will say here that I am going to give my card/brochure/flyer to at least twenty people at the women's show on Friday. At least!

UB Queen Bee said...

Can't wait to see you working the runway tonite! LOVE YA

Karlene said...

Making phone calls puts me WAAAYYY out of my comfort zone. I wish I could do everything via e-mail. But I've been pushing myself this past month because I really want to be UBS. I've made at least one phone call a day, and some days, I've made as many as 15! Aacckk!

Karlene
Learn about Urban Botanic
Read my UB blot

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such stories. I like to read articles like that. By the way add more pics :)