Thursday, March 29, 2007

Challenge Outcome

I can officially say I met my goal. I handed out five cards to the women at a store we went into last night. I was nervous and made Shawna not watch me (she became immediately engrossed in looking at the display of belts - haha) but I did it and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.

Like...what was I scared of? They would throw my card back in my face, screaming "Nooo!! I don't want your card you big weirdo!!" LOL. Even if in the back of their mind, they might be thinking that, most likely they aren't going to actually do that. I also thought to myself that I tend to feel flattered when someone gives me their card (with the exception of squicky used car salesmen) so they might feel the same way.

Shawna also taught me a great lesson about approaching a potential recruit. Be on the lookout for people who are friendly and people-oriented. Simply walk up and tell them you think they might make a great fragrance designer and hand them your card.

I know with practice, it will become more natural and actually more of a habit vs. a chore to hand out my card. And who knows which of those contacts may become the next party hostess or team member?

PS - We also met a woman who works at InStyle magazine who is now in possession of several of Shawna's UB cards!

No comments: